The proposed development is on the Physiotherapy site at 344 Como Parade West. It’s being done by developers who don’t even live in the area (over the other side of Melbourne).
- 3 Stories High (2 stories of apartments and a rooftop deck with approx 4m height)
- 10 tiny apartments
- Basement (over ground level) with only 1 car park per apartment
- Next to Parkdale shops (near round about)
- Council have recently narrowed the road here!
- Their budget for the building is $2.8 million ($280k per apartment), so it will be built on the cheap.
It’s previously been refused by VCAT after residents objected some years ago. Now its back, with one change (they went from 11 apartments to 10).
We love Parkdale the way it is and we don’t want this huge monstrosity here as its not in line with neighborhood character and its an overdevelopment of the site.